April 19th, 2011
iCanApp is a stealth startup backed by two Fortune 50 companies, working to create innovative technologies that can connect the world in a new way through apps. Led by Michael De'Shazer, director of engineering at iCanApp, BOF #5: BPI: What's your Business Programming Interface? will explore methods for using social networking technologies to foster business growth in a world of ever-changing trends and tech.
- What's a BPI and why you should care.
- Technologies and trends seem to be changing faster than ever. Why this is good.
- 6 Sigma is old BPI. The new BPI is all about adjusting consistently.
- BPI: a formula for consistently changing technologies.
- How to choose which APIs to use for your businesses' BPI.
- Using other companies' social networking technologies: Why/ When / How?
- Establishing your BPI.
- Beware of strategic partners, and use your BPI to attract the right ones.
- Maintaining your BPI.
- Growing your business with a good BPI.
- Facebook, a case study of a successful BPI.
Michael De'Shazer leads engineering at iCanApp and will talk about using APIs and social networking technologies to enhance your company's BPI to build a better community and growth-rate around your business.
Michael Zurkhulen leads business development at iCanApp and will discuss the importance of software developers and brands working together in a new social web landscape, and how to establish and maintain that delicate relationship.
No programming skills are necessary to attend this talk. This talk is geared toward both non-technical professionals as well as developers.
These are interactive events, and attendees are encouraged to ask relevant questions and utilize their own laptop during the session. Laptops, however, are not required.
BOFs are free and open to the public, however seats are limited - RSVP is required
This month's meeting space is provided by the Hive at 55.
In cooperation with Bootup, they are offering a free trial of their affordable New York coworking office space
, including office amenities and conference rooms, in an entrepreneurial environment. Email the Hive
and tell them Bootup sent you to get your free day.