[nycphp-announce] news at nyphp: Sept. Newsletter, AMP Fundamentals Column, October Training, XML Presentation Online, Front-End mailing list

New York PHP contact at nyphp.org
Mon Sep 1 19:48:40 EDT 2003

--- It's all at http://nyphp.org/thelatest ---

Talkback: What presentations would you like to see this fall? Let us
know at contact at nyphp.org

The fall will be a very exciting time for the New York PHP community.

-- The NYPHP Fundamentals Column will be launched this month, giving
area gurus a chance to prove their techniques, and new users an
opporunity to learn from the best.

-- PHP/AMP Technology Training, October 27-28, 2003

-- The Analysis and Solutions Company's President Daniel Convissor's
excellent presentation, "Parsing, Validating and Saving Data from
Complex XML Streams," now online:
    http://nyphp.org/content/presentations/

-- NYPHP SIG and new list: New York Front End
    NYFE is dedicated to the coding and development with key front end
technologies, such as CSS, JavaScript, Flash and HTML.

-- PHPCon West 2003 - October 21-24

--- New York PHP:  Special Interest Groups

We've seen a lot of interest in specialized areas over the last couple
of months, most noteably education.  To help foster these types of
developments and programs, New York PHP is looking to form an
Education special interest group (SIG).

As we move into the fall and students go back to school, New York PHP
wants to help support AMP Technology and promote special workshops and
events for the education community.  With dozens of interested members
already volunteered, we're looking for a SIG Director to lead this
effort.  Please contact contact at nyphp.org if you'd like to take charge
of this vital initiative.

Have something you'd like included in our newsletter?  Send it to
news at nyphp.org

New York PHP News Team