[nycphp-announce] now at nyphp: Meeting tonight, Studio 3/PHP Magazine discounts, October PHP Training, Books for review

New York PHP contact at nyphp.org
Tue Sep 23 12:16:03 EDT 2003

--- New Meeting Program, tonight! ---

New York PHP has organized an exciting new lineup for our general monthly meetings. Each meeting includes a monthly review of previous PHundamental Threads (http://nyphp.org/content/calendar/view_entry.php?id=36&pass), a technique or product demo, and a feature presentation. We will be starting at 6:30pm sharp, so please arrive on time.

September 23rd, 2003 @ 6:30pm (sharp) at Digital Pulp, Inc.

6:30 PHundamental Threads
-- Join NYPHP developer Jeff Knight for discussion, review and Q&A on this month's thread, "Site Structure."

6:45 Product/Technique/Special Feature
-- NYPHP VP Daniel Kushner shows the exciting new features in Zend Studio 3. And, meeting attendees receive a 50% discount on Studio 3!

7:00 Feature Presentation
-- "A Tale of Three Templates"
Lead by NYPHP members Chris Snyder, Daniel Kushner and Hans Zaunere, see how the different templating solutions compare. Chris looks at the powerful Smarty engine, Daniel examines the pure PHPLIB implementation, and Hans maintains that PHP is a templating engine itself! The panel will examine three identical tasks, and compare each solution for performance, maintainability and development life-cycle.

7:45 Q&A and Recap
-- Join us for open Q&A, including dinner and drinks after the meeting.

As always this meeting is free and open to the public, with complete meeting and location details at http://nyphp.org - and please be sure to RSVP by sending a message to rsvp at nyphp.org.

--- 25% Discount on PHP Magazine for the New York PHP Community ---

Now our community can take advantage of the rich resources PHP Magazine makes available. Please see http://nyphp.org/phpmag for details.

--- PHP/AMP Technology Training, October 27-28, 2003 ---

See http://nyphp.org/training and save $100 today!

--- Free books, direct from the publishers ---

Get hot book titles, free! Help the community and authors by writing a brief review of the books. And these aren't book reviews like you did in high school - just a couple of paragraphs and an overall critique is perfect! Thanks to NYPHP developer Peter Lehrer, we now have a site for members to request and pickup books for review. For a sample review, more information and to request a book for September, please see: http://nyphp.org/library

And, if there's a book not in our list that you'd like to review, tell us at library at nyphp.org!

--- Find more community news and events with the NYPHP Newsletter ---

http://nyphp.org/thelatest

--- PHPCon West 2003 - October 21-24

See http://nyphp.org/phpcon for details and the exciting presentations in store for the West Coast.

New York PHP is here to provide the best possible resources for our community. Contact contact at nyphp.org with suggestions, projects, questions or answers.