[nycphp-announce] next at nyphp: August Meeting; Designer Track Training in Sept.

New York PHP noreply at nyphp.org
Thu Aug 18 07:04:08 EDT 2005

New York PHP August Meeting
--------------------------

        When: August 23rd, 2005 at 6:30pm *sharp*
       Where: 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th floor)
Post-Meeting: TGI Fridays at Lexington and 56th

NEW RSVP POLICY:
You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you will attend and must RSVP
for every meeting.

This means you likely need to RSVP!  Please http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php to
check your RSVP status.  If there are any questions, contact us at
http://www.nyphp.org/contact.php

Tools for Writing Better PHP Code - Part 1

It's August, it's hot and everyone is either on vacation or too delusional
from the heat to get any serious work done.  What better opportunity to
present the first part of our long awaited series on writing better PHP
code.  Join the New York PHP core developers as we present some of the tools
we use to enhance the single or multi-developer environment.

President Hans Zaunere will present on using Windows XP to development
remotely with Eclipse / PHP and Subversion.  Exposing concepts such as how
to get Windows to talk to a remote Webdav / Subversion server, and brief
examples of the improved workflow, this is sure to improve your development
with the Windows client.

Vice President Jeff Knight and Core Developer Andrew Yochum will team up to
explore why Subversion is an excellent choice for Version and Source
Control, and the choice internally at New York PHP.  Further they will
demonstrate how Subversion can be used to manage multiple projects and
developers as well as development and production environments.

Finally, Assistant Vice President, Hans Kaspersetz will expose the benfits
of bug tracking using Mantis.  No development team or individual can
successfully manage a project without a way to organize bug reports and
Mantis answers the call.  Join Hans as he demonstrates this Open Source
application and explains the importance of training clients and developers
alike on proper bug reporting.

With any time left over, we'd like to offer the opportunity to bring the
Talk list face to face.  Come prepared with your questions / problems and
solutions and we'll open up the floor to discuss your topics.

Designer Track Training Seats Available

We have a couple seats available in the upcoming training, starting
September 19th.  To learn more and sign-up, please see
http://www.nyphp.com/training/indepth.php#designer

---
New York PHP
http://www.nyphp.org