[nycphp-announce] TOMORROW at nyphp: Security 2.0 at the April Meeting at IBM

New York PHP noreply at nyphp.org
Mon Apr 23 08:43:28 EDT 2007

Submit or suggest a presentation - either for online presentation or
in-person:  http://www.nyphp.org/presentations.php

April General Meeting:
Security 2.0
----------------------

 When: Tuesday, April 24th at 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

With 2.0 sites taking the web by storm, security is an ever important aspect
of development. This Spring April, we welcome back New York PHP regular
Chris Shiflett to discuss the latest in security.

Web 2.0 has been described as many things. It's the Web as a platform, a
network of networks, the architecture of participation. However you choose
to define it, the way we build applications online has changed. Web sites do
more by empowering users, but this has opened a Pandora's box. Cross-site
scripting (XSS), cross-site request forgeries (CSRF), and Ajax are being
combined in creative new ways to launch sophisticated attacks that penetrate
firewalls, target users and spread like worms. This talk examines this new
threat, dubbed Security 2.0, by demonstrating some hypothetical and real
exploits as well as discussing methods of safeguard and prevention.

Thanks to IBM for providing a great presentation space with seating for
plenty.

As a service to our community, New York PHP meetings are always free and
open to the public.

Come prepared with a business card to enter book raffles.

 When: Tuesday, April 24th at 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

---
New York PHP Community
http://www.nyphp.org