[nycphp-announce] tomorrow at nyphp: Horde at the Jan. Meeting, Tomorrow

New York PHP noreply at nyphp.org
Mon Jan 22 09:51:01 EST 2007

Submit or suggest a presentation - either for online presentation or
in-person:  http://www.nyphp.org/presentations.php

January General Meeting:
Application Building With Horde
-------------------------------

 When: Tuesday, January 23rd at 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

As New York PHP Community enters our sixth year, we're pleased to kick off
the new year with one of the oldest and respected PHP projects - The Horde
Project. This January we're pleased to continue our framework review series
with Horde's founder, Chuck Hagenbuch.

You probably know that Horde does webmail. But Horde also provides a
framework for building applications. Chuck Hagenbuch will demonstrate a mix
of ORM, prototype + script.aculo.us, and mapping APIs that quickly assemble
into an application using Horde (call it a mashup if you must). We'll also
demonstrate building standalone pages that incorporate content from an
existing Horde installation.

Chuck Hagenbuch founded the Horde Project in 1998 and has been working with
PHP and the world of web development ever since. He is currently an
independent consultant, and has provided professional services to
high-profile PHP users such as PayPal and Portugal Telecom.

Thanks to IBM for providing a great presentation space with seating for
plenty.

As a service to our community, New York PHP meetings are always free and
open to the public.

Come prepared with a business card to enter book raffles.

 When: Tuesday, January 23rd at 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

---
New York PHP Community
http://www.nyphp.org