[nycphp-announce] TOMORROW at nyphp: Cryptography and Tamper Proof URLs; Holiday Party 2007

New York PHP noreply at nyphp.com
Mon Nov 26 09:40:29 EST 2007

Attend New York's Technical Holiday Social for Free
http://www.orgcom.info/Holiday

November General Meeting:
Cryptography and Tamper Proof URLs
----------------------------------

 When: Tuesday, November 27th, 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

Another year at New York PHP is almost past, but it wouldn't be complete
without the ever important topic of security. Join New York PHP and seasoned
web architect and author Nick Galbreath as he explains how cryptography can
make your PHP application stronger and tamper proof. Don't be a turkey and
let your URLs get compromised - gobble gobble.

Using a standard cryptographic technique we can construct "tamper proof
URLs". By preventing user modifications to a URL, one can help prevent
cross-site scripting, parameter modification and parameter scanning. In
addition we can make URLs that expire and can allow "single sign on" between
two websites or applications.

This talk will provide a introduction to cryptography, the PHP modules that
provide cryptographic services, and sample implementation of the tamper
proof URL technique.

Nick Galbreath have been working on high performance servers and web
security at various high profile startups since 1994 (most recently Right
Media). He holds a Master degree of Mathematics from Boston University, and
published a book on cryptography. He currently lives in the Lower East Side.

Thanks to IBM for providing a great presentation space with seating for
plenty.

As a service to our community, New York PHP meetings are always free and
open to the public.

Come prepared with a business card to enter book raffles.

 When: Tuesday, November 27th, 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

---
New York PHP Community
http://www.nyphp.org