[nycphp-announce] next at nyphp: Web 2.0 Mashups from IBM

New York PHP noreply at nyphp.com
Mon Jan 14 15:36:00 EST 2008

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you RSVP'd on Christmas Day or before, you must RSVP again now to attend
the Jan. meeting.

Happy New Year!

January General Meeting:
Web 2.0 Mashups from IBM
------------------------

 When: Tuesday, January 22nd, 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

New York PHP Community welcomes you to 2008 and our seventh year. Over the
years, we've seen a tremendous evolution in web technology and we're pleased
to have been a part of it. We have another exciting year ahead of us, and
we're proud to kick it off by welcoming back Dan Gisolfi and IBM with a look
at the next punctuated equilibria: Web 2.0 Mashups.

Several emergent trends and technologies under the Web 2.0 umbrella have set
the stage for a dramatic shift in Enterprise IT whereby business users and
SMEs can leverage internal and external content to define and build their
own situational decision making utilities with little help from IT.

This top-down view of application development allows the knowledge worker
and the IT professional to redefine their application development
relationship. Today non-programmers can assemble, wire and share their own
web applications while corporate IT focuses on the delivery of content
centric widgets and data services. The business impact of this paradigm
shift in application development is such that information is now in the
hands of the end user thereby enabling that user to create his/her own
just-in-time situational business application.

Attendees will experience the development of several live mashup assemblies
using IBM's Mashup Starter Kit and other partner offerings. In addition to
best practices for designing content centric architectures, harvesting web
content and assembling enterprise mashups, the session will feature an
analysis of the roadmap for enterprise mashups. We will also cover the IBM
and ProgrammableWeb interlock and an update on our work with Zend.

Thank you to IBM for providing a great presentation space in Midtown
Manhattan. As a service to our community, New York PHP Community meetings
are always free and open to the public.

Come prepared with a business card to enter book raffles.

 When: Tuesday, January 22nd, 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

---
New York PHP Community
http://www.nyphp.org