[nycphp-announce] TOMORROW at nyphp: Ruby on Rails for PHP Developers

New York PHP hostmaster at nyphp.com
Mon May 26 14:02:42 EDT 2008

May General Meeting:
Know thy Enemy: Ruby on Rails for PHP Developers

 When: Tuesday, May 27th, 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

The birds and the bees are back once again, as is the droning buzz of Ruby
on Rails. Join us this month as we welcome back Avity LLC and RoR/PHP
developer Stephen Robinson.

Looking for a reality check on all that Ruby on Rails hype? What exactly is
it and how does it stack up to PHP? When should it be used, when not, what
should you tell your boss? If you're fed up of re-reading the same flame
bait blogs and want a cold headed detail rich understanding, this talk is
for you. We'll cover issues of performance, real world usage, interface
capabilities, architecture, scaling, deployment issues and more.

Thank you to IBM for providing a great presentation space in Midtown
Manhattan. As a service to our community, New York PHP Community meetings
are always free and open to the public.

Come prepared with a business card to enter book raffles.

When: Tuesday, May 27th, 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend!

---
New York PHP Community
http://www.nyphp.org