[nycphp-announce] next at nyphp: OWASP 3.0, You, Joomla!, and 40 Million Page Views

New York PHP hostmaster at nyphp.com
Tue Jan 20 11:30:20 EST 2009

January General Meeting:
OWASP 3.0, You, Joomla!, and 40 Million Page Views

 When: Tuesday, January 27th at 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

Welcome to 2009! We're kicking off the new year first with an introduction
to the hugely successful OWASP, and then good old Joomla! and Mitch Pirtle.
While we don't have any flying cars or vacations on Mars, we do have
mind-numbing web traffic so what better than to have Mitch review his
experiences pairing Joomla! and MTV with 40 million page views.

OWASP 3.0 - Where we are, what we do and where we are going in 2009

PHP is the number one language on the web, and security is often the number
one topic. It's only natural then that OWASP and NYPHP work together to
enhance and support the ever critical world of web security. As a first
step, we're pleased to have Tom Brennan, Global Board Member for the OWASP
Foundation, chat with us about the current appsec ecosystem and OWASP's
state of the union.

You, Joomla!, and 40 Million Page Views

Ever had to build a social website that had to scale to ridiculous extremes?
Chances are then that your experiences were consistent with other
high-traffic social website projects - difficulties dealing with all that
personalized content, file storage, caching systems, and choosing the right
platform up front. Hear what it felt like to collect requirements, translate
to a meaningful architecture, select the technologies, and then lead
development up through launch with Mitch Pirtle.

Included is the annual "State of the Joomla" speech, where the project
co-founder names names and outlines the shenanigans of the Joomla project
and team. There may be special guests, pending travel commitments.

Thank you to IBM for providing a great presentation space in Midtown
Manhattan. As a service to our community, New York PHP Community meetings
are always free and open to the public.

Come prepared with a business card to enter book and software raffles.

 When: Tuesday, January 27th at 6:30pm sharp (4th Tuesday of every month)
Where: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 1219 (12th Floor)
 RSVP: http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend - RSVP Now!

---
New York PHP User Group Community
http://www.nyphp.org