[nycphp-announce] TONIGHT at nyphp: Hacking PHP for Fun and Profit - MySQL Conference, June 28th, DC

New York PHP hostmaster at nyphp.com
Tue May 25 06:48:57 EDT 2010

May General Meeting:
Hacking PHP for Fun and Profit
PHP Internals and the C behind your PHP
---------------------------------------

         Date: May 25th, 2010 at 6:30PM (sharp)
     Location: IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, New York, NY (12th Floor)
RSVP Required: http://www.nyphp.org/RSVP/169 (all attendees MUST RSVP)
 Post-Meeting: TGI Fridays at Lexington and 56th (about 8pm)

It's May and we're pleased to spring into summer with LIPHP president and
PHP hacker Justin Dearing, to show us that there's more to PHP than first
meets the eye.

Most people in NYPHP can write in PHP. After all we are a PHP user group.
However, have you ever wanted to be one of the few and the proud that
actually help to write PHP itself. Justin Dearing will take you on a journey
from submitting a bug, to writing a test to prove the bug exists, to fixing
the bug on your machine. Finally he will show you how to submit that bug fix
to be considered for addition to PHP itself.

While hacking on the PHP core codebase requires a working knowledge of C,
non C programmers will benefit from learning how to write formal PHP tests,
and submit proper bugs.

Justin Dearing started his IT career in December of 2002 as the third shift
iSeries operator at InVision, now MindShift. Since then he has held a
variety of positions, and shifted from the operations to the development
side of the house. He is a PHP5 certified engineer.  Justin runs the Long
Island PHP User Group.  Justin blogs about programming on
www.justaprogrammer.net and his twitter updates can be followed from
http://www.twitter.com/zippy1981.

Read the full description and RSVP at http://www.nyphp.org/

Thank you to IBM for providing a great presentation space in Midtown
Manhattan. As a service to our community, New York PHP Community meetings
are always free and open to the public.