[nycphp-announce] TONIGHT at nyphp: Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and PHP Security

noreply at nyphp.org noreply at nyphp.org
Thu Jun 30 11:29:02 EDT 2011

Security Series
Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and PHP Security
OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks Monthly Series

         Date: Thursday, June 30th, 2011 at 6:30PM (sharp)
     Location: Suspenders Restaurant, 111 Broadway, New York, NY
RSVP Required: http://www.nyphp.org/RSVP/192 (all attendees MUST RSVP)

 Watch Online: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new-york-php

New York PHP Community, in collaboration with OWASP, is holding a monthly
series that reviews each of the OWASP Top Ten Web Security threats.

In the final inning of a shutout June, we welcome back Anthony Ferrara to
share his insight and expertise on the ubiquitous vulnerability that is
cross site scripting (XSS).

You may also tune-in at 6:30pm:
  -- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new-york-php

Cross Site Scripting (XSS) is currently listed as OWASP's #2 highest risk
vulnerability affecting web applications today, yet most people simply don't
understand why they need to be concerned, and even more don't know how to
properly protect themselves against these common threats.

In this talk we will go over the core concepts of XSS - what it is, how it's
exploited, and the severity of the problem. We will dissect a real-world web
application to demonstrate finding - and exploiting - vulnerabilities.
Finally, we will review how to both prevent and thwart the XSS risk in your
code.

Anthony Ferrara is a Senior Developer at NBC Universal, a Zend Certified
Engineer and a OWASP member. He is a contributor to multiple Open Source
projects as well as the community as a whole. He is also a former Core Team
Member and Development Coordinator for the Joomla! project, as well as a
former leader of its Security team. You can follow his blog at
blog.ircmaxell.com or on Twitter at @ircmaxell.

We have reserved a private backroom at a restaurant, with an LCD, free
wireless, and seating for about 40 people.

Read the full description and RSVP at http://www.nyphp.org/

As a service to our community, New York PHP Community meetings are always
free and open to the public.

     Location: Suspenders Restaurant, 111 Broadway, New York, NY
RSVP Required: http://www.nyphp.org/RSVP/192 (all attendees MUST RSVP)

Watch Online: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new-york-php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend - that means RSVP
now!

---
New York PHP
http://www.nyphp.org/