[nycphp-announce] next-week at nyphp: PHP in the Cloud with AWS and RightScale - at Suspenders or Online

noreply at nyphp.org noreply at nyphp.org
Tue Mar 15 13:49:06 EDT 2011

March General Meeting:
PHP in the Cloud with AWS and RightScale
Developing, managing and deploying LAMP in the cloud

         Date: Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 at 6:30PM (sharp)
     Location: Suspenders Restaurant, 111 Broadway, New York, NY
RSVP Required: http://www.nyphp.org/RSVP/183 (all attendees MUST RSVP)

 Watch Online: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new-york-php

March is usually a pretty quiet month around NYC - well except for St.
Patrick's Day. This month the luck o' the Irish comes to NYPHP as we look at
the shenanigans of cloud computing and application development - from a
developer's viewpoint. Join senior NYPHP leprechaun Max Gribov as he reveals
the shams and shamrocks of AWS and RightScale and we follow he lucky charms
through the clouds - to the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow.

You may also tune-in Tuesday at 6:30pm:
  -- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new-york-php

This talk will cover developing and managing Amazon Web Services and
RightScale AWS Management Application from small startup perspective, and
how to use AWS Services with RightScale AWS Management Application. In
addition, the talk will focus on
RightScale tools, such as Server Templates, Auto-Scaling Arrays and
RightScripts - and how these were used to build an infrastructure for load
testing of our application. I will walk through all steps of setting up a
new RightScale AWS deployment - from provisioning and customizing servers to
deploying and monitoring the application - hopefully demystifying some buzz
surrounding the cloud along the way.

Max Gribov has worked in technology since the first .com bubble, wearing all
manner of hats, from helpdesk, to network engineer to PHP developer.
Currently, he is a developer and operations engineer for a small
below-the-radar startup which uses AWS to host the application and
RightScale to provide management and support.

Max thinks all technology should just magically work at all times, but keeps
getting burned by reality of complex systems, which keeps him entertained
and gainfully employed.

Read the full description and RSVP at http://www.nyphp.org/

As a service to our community, New York PHP Community meetings are always
free and open to the public.

     Location: Suspenders Restaurant, 111 Broadway, New York, NY
RSVP Required: http://www.nyphp.org/RSVP/183 (all attendees MUST RSVP)

 Watch Online: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new-york-php

You must RSVP within 30 days of the meeting you attend - that means RSVP
now!

---
New York PHP
http://www.nyphp.org/