[nycphp-jobs] [JOB] F-E Developer - Contract/Telecommute | 40-50/hour
Beau Gould (OSS)
beau at open-source-staffing.com
Wed Apr 7 14:45:31 EDT 2010
F-E Developer - Contract/Telecommute | 40-50/hour
My client is a B2B media company and they are looking to hire a Front-End
Web Developer for a few upcoming projects, ranging from an online
publication development project to social media applications. This is
contract work for now, but it might have the potential to turn into a
permanent position for the right person.
Here's a quick run down of the important stuff they are looking for,
* Solid PHP experience. WordPress plug-in development would be great.
* Python experience would be a huge plus. Django experience an even bigger
* Solid HTML/CSS. This almost goes without saying.
* Experience working with templating languages would be great.
* Strong visual design skills. You should be able to craft amazing-looking,
functional user-interfaces even if you're not working off an explicit mockup
a designer has given you.
* The ability to learn and adapt quickly to new languages, APIs, development
Above all else, what they require is a strong commitment to productivity.
They are not hiring somebody because their team lacks the skill sets
mentioned above; they are hiring somebody because they have a lot of
projects on their plate and they need to increase their output. They are
only interested in working with people who are passionate about helping them
increase the quality and quantity of development work they do.
Although my client has an office in NYC, your geographic U.S. location is
not important, since the development team is scattered around the country.
Wherever you live, you'll have to be comfortable working with others
remotely. You must be able to contribute as little as 20 or as many as 40+
hours per week.
To be considered, please submit your RESUME and HOURLY requirements to
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
More information about the jobs