[nycphp-jobs] [JOB] PostgreSQL DBA, NYC | 85-110k
Beau Gould (OSS)
beau at open-source-staffing.com
Mon Apr 19 19:37:35 EDT 2010
This is a full time, on-site, salaried position in New York City paying
$85,000 to $110,000 + benefits. Possibly more $ for a super ninja! US
Citizens or green card holders only please. Local candidates preferred.
My New York City client is a leading provider of cutting-edge mobile ad
serving technology is looking for a top notch DBA! They are looking for an
A+ player with a successful track record of solving complex technical issues
in complex distributed environments. They prefer someone who has extensive
troubleshooting technical experience and has worked with ad serving
knowledge of this database and languages is a must.
Job duties include:
* Support operations in a high-throughput production environment by
proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of all
relevant databases and database servers.
* Setup, monitor, and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production
* Design, create and maintain highly available and secure SQL Server
* Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views,
triggers, and stored procedures.
* Create and maintain customized database reports and perform data analysis.
* Assist in the management of the hardware and software as it relates to DB
operations, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations
of purchases of new hardware and software.
* Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and
databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database
maintenance and configuration.
* Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects
between development, quality assurance, and production environments.
* Mentor and provide support to Software Applications Developer in best
practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
* Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum
availability and support of information technology systems.
* 5+ years of database administration preferably in the mobile, advertising
or web 2.0 domain
* Proven experience in working with highly scalable solutions that received
high traffic or maintained a significantly large user base
* B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, engineering or a related technical field
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume (preferably in MS-Word) and your salary
requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
More information about the jobs