[nycphp-jobs] Director of Engineering (PHP)
khansbury at winterwyman.com
Mon Jul 12 22:51:17 EDT 2010
I am currently working on a opportunity to be the new Director of Software Engineering for one of the fastest growing startups in the city! We've partnered extensively with this firm over the past 2 years to help place over 10 full-time employees into this 60+ person firm. The responsibilities of managing a 20+ person PHP engineering team have become to great for their existing VP, so this new role is being added as a management resource to spearhead the next phase of their growth.
Our client's team of PHP engineers is also evolving as we speak. They are putting a place an environment based on smaller, more focused teams of engineers (normally 2-3 ppl per team). This Director will directly manage 5 Team Leads, who will oversee the remaining engineers beneath them. Key responsibilities of this role involve bringing better process to their environment and establishing coding standards for all the developers to follow.
The Director will enforce code standards and ensure that coded products match the expectations of the Product Managers and Project Management teams responsible for interfacing with the clients. In other words, there is a fair amount of release engineering responsibilities worked into this role as well.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Strong managerial experience heading up teams of software engineers/web developers in support of web product development.
- All candidates must have formal web/software development experience at some point in their career, ideally in a recent capacity.
- Must have the ability to work closely with engineers to review their code base and look for errors and opportunities for improvement.
- Prefer candidates who have worked in a LAMP (PHP) environment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
Kainne E. Hansbury
Winter, Wyman & Company -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the jobs