[nycphp-jobs] Ruby on Rails Engineer position available in NY!!!
joe at axcore.net
Wed May 26 19:32:28 EDT 2010
My name is Joe Balsamo from Axcore Consulting. I have a Ruby on Rails
Engineer position available in Long Island, NY. Please email me your resume
along with salary requirements and then I'll give you a call to speak with
you about this position in greater detail.
Here is the full job Desc:
Ruby on Rails Engineer:
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with top-notch
software design and coding skills, ideally with knowledge of jQuery. Our
generalists who have lots of successes at every layer of the stack.
* Ambitious, driven, and talented individual who wants to work on
significant, game-changing problems
* Able to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable,
well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
* Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails and strength in all the Rails
* Demonstrable track record building distributed, clustered,
high-throughput applications that can really scale
* Background in building highly scalable applications designing for
n+1 clustering with zero downtime
* Solid SQL skills, preferable with MySQL
* Experience squeezing out milliseconds out of rails to make blazing
* Ability to create well-designed API's - we'd love to hear about your
favorites and why they are great
* Knowledge of search frameworks such as Sphinx
* Experience with user-centered interaction design
* Proficient in both Linux (production) and Mac OSX (development)
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, etc.) preferred
* Architect, build, test and refine new products and services
* Develop and expand infrastructure to process many millions of page
views and transactions with fault-tolerance and predictability
* Tackle a wide variety of coding problems throughout the stack - we
all work on everything
* Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches fast. Turn
prototypes into real things
* Troubleshoot and maintain production and testing environments.
Contribute to diagnosing and solving performance issues whenever the occur
* Be a team player in a flat-structured, highly collaborative
If interested, please send me your resume along with salary requirements for
a perm position.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the jobs