[nycphp-jobs] Contract to Hire Engineer Wanted
jt at triggermedia.com
Tue May 14 10:40:15 EDT 2013
I am in search of a freelance engineer that is looking for a gig that would
turn into a full time position if things are working out well for both
parties. The time commitment would start at 24-32 hours/week and my
desired time frame to ramp up to a full-time position is roughly two
months. Below is a description of the role.
ENGINEER (New York, NY)
Trigger Media, the venture fund started by former Pilot Group partner Andy
Russell, has an immediate need for an Engineer contract to hire position in
its New York headquarters.
The ideal candidate has extensive web related engineering experience,
specifically in content management, fault-tolerant user acquisition and
attribution analytics, with a proven track record of maintaining existing
sites while releasing new features, and an appreciation for problem solving
that is on par with Donald Trump's hairdressers'.
* Maintain the Trigger Media proprietary content management system
and related public facing web site
* Develop enhancements to the existing systems
* Launch additional CMS and site footprints for similarly aligned new
* A track record of writing custom web applications
* Proven experience with the following technologies:
* PHP (5.3 and higher)
* PHP (H)MVC Framework like Kohana, Zend, or Symfony using an ORM
* LESS CSS
* MySQL (5.x and higher)
* nginx (1.x and higher)
* Shell Scripting
* Ubuntu Server
* The ideal candidate has experience writing web applications
leveraging the Kohana framework
* Experience with the following AWS services: EC2, RDS, S3,
Cloudfront, and IAM
* Familiarity with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
Interested? If so, please send your resume along with a brief cover letter
including your qualifications and aspirations, as well as your github
handle to jt at triggermedia.com. Please include start date availability.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the jobs