[joomla] E-mail aware modules

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:23:57 EST 2005

On 12/7/05, Ryan W. Ozimek <cozimek at picnet.net> wrote:
> Not sure if this is relevant, but on the discussion of email interaction, is
> there anything in the core that can be "turned on" so that when a page is
> edited on your Joomla site, that an admin can get an email sent to them of
> such notification?

Yes, that is an oldie but a goodie ;-) From the backend, go to the
User Manager. You can toggle "Receive system emails" which used to do
just that.

Actually, on further testing I am not so certain, unless my ISP is
blocking outgoing SMTP traffic that is not authenticated on their SMTP
hosts... hehe

> I think that if there's already a function that changes the date on which a
> content item was modified, there must be some sort of trigger there that can
> be used to add an email notification as well.

There will be a trigger event in a future version, but I don't
remember that we did that in the 1.0 series. We are adding more events
in the 1.1 series, and 1.2 of course will most likely have even more.

That is the life of Joomla!, first we add stuff, then we add more,
then we tune, then we pare everything back down again, then we add
stuff...

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer