[mambo] Re: [nycphp-talk] kudos to Mitchy P for the Mambo spiel

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 16:41:38 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:32:00 -0500, Chris Hendry <chris.hendry at nyphp.org> wrote:
> Much interest here.

Then let me whet your appetite by announcing Mambo Designer:

    http://www.mambodev.com/content/view/51/1/

This is a GPL toolkit for Mambo that helps you generate your base code
for designing Mambo components and such. NOTE: Works with 4.5.2 or
higher only, and yes this is a one-point-oh release. But still
terribly handy for starting work on custom code.

What I want to put together is a 30-60 minute walkthrough of install,
tweak, customize, and develop for a completely custom Mambo site. It
really can be done, and I would like to demonstrate that.

As a custom developer, something like this is a tremendous boost to
productivity, and frees me up to do the fun stuff (custom work,
problem solving) instead of the boring stuff (account management,
authentication, yawn)...

-- Mitch