[mambo] selinux mambo gotcha

DeWitt, Michael mjdewitt at alexcommgrp.com
Fri Feb 25 16:56:57 EST 2005

Hey,

I just installed Mambo from CVS and ran into a head scratcher with directory
permissions.  I could not get the directories writeable through Apache for
the life of me.  I finally found out that Selinux stops writes to
directories other than /temp regardless of permissions.

This was a quickie install to a fedora core 3 box I had in use as a backup
mail server.  The Mambo web based install was very smooth and fast - 5
minutes for install and 2 hours to figure out the permissions issue.

Now, to actually use it....

Mike