[mambo] Access Control Question

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:28:04 EDT 2005

On 7/6/05, Ryan Ozimek <cozimek at picnet.net> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Thanks for the detailed email.  This is definitely something to munch on
> now, but I'm eager to hear what Mitch has to say.

Also thanks to Hans, that is food for thought.

I don't have a clean answer to this, as I don't think the existing
system is something where we could add a couple methods to existing
classes and then presto you have an easy authentication API for 3PD
components and modules.

I can say that I am forwarding Hans' initial post to the other core
guys, hoping to spark a discussion on how we could try to provide
something sooner rather than later. I agree that it is something that
we all need, and the rest of the core agree, so we just need to get an
approach that works from the core perspective, as opposed to just
cut-n-paste for each component you want to deploy :eek:

--
Mitch Pirtle
Mambo Core Developer