[mambo] wait for mambo 5?!

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:25:47 EDT 2005

On 6/2/05, Michael Borchers <borchers at tridem.de> wrote:
> somebody told me about an upcoming version mambo no. 5
> which will not be comatible to the older 4.x version?!
> is that true?
> should i wait before creating my sites with 4.2.x?!

Guten Tag Herr Borchers,

Current version of Mambo is 4.5.2.2, and is perfectly safe to develop
with. We have promised to support the 4.x tree for at least the 2005
calendar year, and most likely will be continuing to support it beyond
- depending on what the community wants - and the 5.0 release will
happen much later this year, and you should not wait on it.

We're bringing in a lot of the 5.0 features into the 4.x tree due to
great demand, and I suspect that the difference between 4.x and 5.0
versions will be little in the end.

--
Mitch Pirtle
Mambo Core Developer