[mambo] SEF solutions

Graham Spice graham at nuthinwerked.com
Wed Mar 9 13:46:46 EST 2005

I have not tried SEF Advanced but would like to. I have used the Xaneon
Alias Manager. It works very well but I couldn't even begin to keep up
with manually adding each alias. Their new release looks promising, but
it isn't out yet. I want an automated solution and I have been under the
impression that SEF Advanced is it. I haven't decided to commit any
money to researching it as a solution, though.

It has been said a number of times that all of our SEF concerns are for
humans, not actually search engines! Google and other search engines are
not having any trouble indexing Mambo websites without SEF.

I haven't had the need yet to integrate any eCommerce solutions into
Mambo but I also find it troubling that phpShop does not work with
existing SEF solutions. That was going to be my solution. Ugh. :-(