[mambo] Howto? Backup the files before editing in Mambo.

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:12:23 EST 2005

There are 3rd party components that integrate with Mambo to do this
kind of stuff from the database perspective, but what I usually do for
each site is also setup an admin site that includes phpMyAdmin so they
can backup their database on their own, however they like to.

One thing that would be cool would be a sort of web-based file
manager, but as ftp has always worked for backing up the files, there
was never much demand for it.

There used to be a simplified database backup utility built into
Mambo, but licensing issues with the author forced us to remove it.
There has yet to be someone that steps up to replace it, but
phpMyAdmin seems to be everywhere so that may not be such a big deal.

Or is it? Comments, questions anyone?

-- Mitch