[mambo] Re: mambo Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5

Edward Maas maase at maas-nyc.com
Fri May 20 12:15:41 EDT 2005

>The easiest way to accomplish this is with CSS, although you could
>also implement a dynamic menu (such as suckerfish which also leverages
>CSS).

I looked at doign this via css.  I am not however looking to do a
rollover.  I already do them essentially with css.  I want to add a
header image (ie a separator or something, but make that separator an
image not text.  There is an option for the "bullet image" though it
doesn't seem to work, but overall that is the look I am looking for.

>I believe that if you worked with JSCook menu (from the Display Menu
>project on mamboforge.net) you could tell JSCook to replace the menu
>items with graphics, but I honestly have not gone far enough to
>replace the text as well myself.

I will take a look at JSCook menu.

>If your menu is not going to change any time soon, then it is also
>possible to manually create the code for the rollovers, and just
>create a static HTML module that is published at that menu location.
>To try it out, go to Module Manager and hit 'New'...

Thats kinda no fun, plus is a bit of a pain to copy all those "mambo"
urls accuratly.  Plus  these menus might change pretty frequently.   If
I were to engineer it I would add a new type of item to be placed on the
menu.  Call it image, and then just reference one of the images.
Instead of placing text in the space in the table I would place an "img
src tag" and let the rest be done.  Seems like a good feature, can't
believe it hasn't been done.  Maybe i'll take a whack at it.

Ed