[joomla] Joomla!, databases, and you

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:22:17 EST 2005

Hi folks,

Been quiet over here, as we are finally kicking the 1.1 release into
alpha and that means (drumroll) that it is time to start work on 1.2
:-D

That means I'd like to get some feedback from you on what your
environments are, and what databases you would like to see supported
by the core.

1.2 has our newfangled database connector approach, where each
database gets a native driver. Right now we are planning on providing
drivers for mysql, mysqli, and postgresql.

With that in mind, I got two questions for you:

1) If you are using MySQL, what version are you using in your
production environment?

2) Beyond MySQL, what other database(s) do you need support for?

Looking forward to your feedback, and excited to be getting this work underway!

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer