[mambo] What's in a name

kirill at hostnetservices.com kirill at hostnetservices.com
Thu Sep 1 17:49:58 EDT 2005

To the Joomla team, Congratulations !!!

I guess I will have to add this name to my spell checker...

Can't wait to have the community come on track  - this CMS is awesome, and
with new freedom and no restrictions, I can only see improvement.

Tanks for your contributions

Kirill

Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com>
09/01/2005 02:12 PM

Please respond to
"NYPHP SIG: Mambo" <mambo at lists.nyphp.org>

"NYPHP SIG: Mambo" <mambo at lists.nyphp.org>
cc

Subject
[mambo] What's in a name

Hey gang,

The new name is........................Joomla!

Yep, Joomla! is the official name for the new and improved Mambo.
After receiving thousands of ideas and concepts from the community, we
brought in some professionals to whittle down the list to the most
attractive choices.

This actually was the only one that passed the Trademark test, and
didn't mean something profane in French.

You can read all about it at our new website (in the process of being
ground to a pulp):

    http://www.joomla.org/

--
Mitch Pirtle