[joomla] PHP mailing lists

Graham Spice graham at nuthinwerked.com
Thu Feb 2 23:12:24 EST 2006

There is no API available for PHPlist...yet. There has been discussion
about the beginnings of an API and the SOAP protocol on the developer
discussion list in the past few weeks. Things could open up there
quickly from what I can tell.

You can read the emails between the developers here:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.phplist.devel See the thread
called: Web Service Interface to PHPList

Other newsletter related forum posts

    * http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,30369.msg193037.html#msg193037
    * http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,12735.0.html

On Feb 2, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Norman ONeil wrote:

>> You could also try phplist if you want a challenge, the other pay
>> for one is put out by http://www.phil-taylor.com and is called mos/
>> jos listmessenger. The latter one is integrated into joomla quite
>> nicely, but still missing bounce processing.

I disagree with this last statement because mosListMessenger does not
integrate with Joomla's user data! There used to be a hack available to
automatically sign someone up for the newsletter when they registered
but that is no longer available. Being able to use Joomla's user data is
is critical to the integration, IMHO. Related forum post:

    * http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,34399.msg192820.html#msg192820

Cheers-
Graham Spice