[joomla] Splash page

Hans Kaspersetz lamolist at cyberxdesigns.com
Tue Jan 24 16:56:32 EST 2006

Not to complicate things too much but we have a couple of Mambo sites
that require being logged in before viewing any content.  We actually
create a login.php script and redirect non logged in users to the
login.php script from Joomla's index.php.

In other cases we use Joomla's session handling to check if someone has
been to a page on this visit or in the past and redirect them to the
landing we want them on.  You can use either approach instead of using
index.html.  The other nice thing is you can add logic in Joomla's
index.php to do things like record the fact that someone has visited a
page and not redirect them.

But this all means hacking Joomla stuff and might be to much work.

HCK