[joomla] Registering to a Joomla site

wkamm at rvyriptide.org wkamm at rvyriptide.org
Sat Jul 8 13:52:39 EDT 2006

I am just getting started with Joomla, and am trying to figure out if it
can do some of the things I need.  One has to do with user registration.
>From what I can see, I can either enable or disable user registration.
What I need is something in between.  Because our web site is meant to be
used by members of our swim team only, and some of the content is private,
I want to allow only known people to register.  I would explain this on
the registration page, so hopefully nobody that doesn't belong there
registers.  Just in case they do, I would like to look at the registration
request before allowing it.  I could then either allow the registration to
succeed or send the user an email explaining that the site is for members
only.  Can Joomla do this?  Thanks,

Bill