[joomla] session save path

Alberto dos Santos yournway at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:23:10 EDT 2006

On 28/06/06, kirill at hostnetservices.com <kirill at hostnetservices.com> wrote:

> Al,
>
> This is a hosted environment so I can't change the php.ini file - the ISP
> is forcing me to save sessions in my  webfolder/cgi-bin/tmp.
>
> Is this safe?

It depends, is the cgi-bin WITHIN  your public html folder or not?
If not, chances are that it is quite safe to have it there, you shouldn't
worry too much about it, except to do some cleaning once in a while to
prevent it from growing too stuffed.

If it is, can you change host? hehehe, cuz it is not safe, at all.

To the rest of the list, if I am saying something not acurate, please tell
us.
TIA.

--
Alberto dos Santos