[joomla] Upgrade path 1.0 => 1.5?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 22:59:16 EDT 2006

On 9/1/06, Donna Marie Vincent <donnamarievincent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Depends on what third-party components you will be using.  Some are not yet
> compatible with 1.5, so you wouldn't want to wait for 1.5 because you
> couldn't use the component until it was also upgraded.

Absolutely correct. Here's how I answer that question:

* If you need to develop applications specific to your needs, then go for 1.5
* If you want to leverage existing extensions to get what you need
quickly, then go with 1.0

That is really the ultimate factor in deciding which one to choose IMHO.

-- Mitch