[joomla] Dev/documentation issues

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:29:46 EDT 2007

On 8/15/07, Barrie North <contact at compassdesigns.net> wrote:
> Most devs like coding... documentation is boring :)
>
> Its also a very different skill/brain set.
>
> This seems to be a symptom of a volunteer project that is still in its
> infancy....

Honestly I can only think of a very few projects that have adequate
documentation, let alone great documentation. The biggest problems are
compounded:

* The code changes quickly
* The people that write documentation are usually not developers, and
therefore the last people to learn about the stuff they are trying to
document

By the time the writers have a decent draft written up, it's time to
start all over again. That's a huge demotivator.

-- Mitch, wondering if he just invented a new word