[joomla] Forum email notifications -- hosting limits on emails

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 14:16:32 EST 2007

My host has a policy of "... 200 hourly email limit per domain ...", "... 60 pop checks per hour limit per email address ...", and "Anytime you're sending a message, no matter how large your mailing list is
you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending
1 email every 6 seconds."

I wonder how this affects a site with a forum with email notifications and subscriptions.  Has anyone had a problem with forum email?