[joomla] Forum email notifications -- hosting limits on emails

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 16:48:27 EST 2007

What I'm wondering is, can you run a community website on a shared hosting account, with a forum, PM system with email notifications, the usual admin notifications (acct signup, lost password, etc.) contact forms, etc.

Even if you only have a few hundred members, all these various email notifications can add up.

Also, I can see that I need to write all form submissions to the db in case the email notifications don't get through.