[joomla] mp3 player

Seizo Mazer seizo.mazer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 22:53:17 EST 2007

I'm sure other may have come across this and can offer a solution
(hopefully different and easier to implement than what I'm thinking).

I am building a joomla website and part of it needs to have an iTunes
like interface where visitors can listen to music, and buy it. I'm using
virtumart for the shopping cart. I can't seem to find an mp3 player for
joomla that keeps the locations of the files completely hidden from the
end user, thus opening up the possibilities for people to steal the
music. Here's the conclusion I've come to: a flash interface (because if
the results end up in the swf, and not the html, then they are not
visible to the end user and they don't show up in the page source) that
calls the database, and stores the data within flash or through a
temporary xml file (created by a php script) that the visitor would have
no knowledge of, and that also acts as a music player, with each row of
the database results being a particular song/piece of music that can be
played by clicking on it (or preferrably double clicking, if possible)
and added to the shopping cart with another click.

I've looked at the available mp3 players for joomla and they do not fit
my needs. Am I missing something? Have I overlooked something?

Also, does flash integrate easily into joomla in a component? Are there
other issues I should be aware of as I build out this project? Thanks,

Seizo