[joomla] Joomla site on MacBook

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:13:31 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, Donna Marie Vincent <donnamarievincent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm downloading MAMP.  I assume that's where I start?

That's probably the easiest route for you to take. I'm an old UNIX
curmudgeon so I compiled everything from source - and there's also
MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/) if you want a bsd-like experience.

> I also can't find Firefox which I d/l'd and installed last night.  Hmmm.

Hmm, click on your hard drive icon and take a look on the left sidebar
- that's the finder, and the sidebar should have an entry for
Applications. Click once on that and you are looking at all the
applications installed there, and Firefox should be among them.

If not, then you either put Firefox somewhere else, or the install
didn't happen. Write back here, I'm happy to help if you run into more
issues.

-- Mitch