[joomla] xhtml and mosLoadModules

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Thu Nov 15 09:36:59 EST 2007

Mark Simko wrote:

> I see three qualities to judge for starters. There may be others.
>
> 1. Does the index.html file use a table or div tags for page layout
> 2. Does the index.html file call mosLoadModules using type options 0 or
> 1, or use 2, 3.
> 3. Is the index.html file arranged for source order content? Should we
> assume that the component should load first for good source ordered
> content?

I see this more as an Amazon review type section, but specific to things
we as a group care about, and specific to templates we as a group like.

In other words, have a section for template reviews, people can post a
template their using with a link to the site they got it from(please
note, I want members posting things they /use/ or things they decide not
to use.  I don't want producers coming in and filling it up with
everything they think people should use.)

I see the same thing for components, plugins, etc.

Than the item can be reviewed, and we can guide the reviews to certain
areas.

So people who are designers can talk about the layout, how a template
has an excessive amount of dead whitespace and scrolls a lot of content
under the fold and just sucks.

Wheras website builders can mention how easy or difficult the template
is to use.

xhtml fanatics can discuss how well or badly it adheres to standards.

Accessibility people can mention how well it works in that
regards(speaking of which, I'm setting up a Joomla site for my wife with
an integrated muck and need a template that will work well with screen
readers.  Any suggestions?  As for the muck, the screen reader is the
reason I need it.  The strongest motivation for this site is my wifes
friend up in Canada who is blind and can't get on to a lot of the mommy
chatboards they congregate on because screen readers and java don't
mix.  A muck she can access with std muck software that will talk to her.)

So, if there is a strong interest in a particular item(template reviews)
and by interest I mean someone who is willing to spend some time putting
in some initial reviews to get things going, I'd have no problem
focusing on that piece first.

My experience is everyone is interested in /reading/, few are interested
in producing(which makes sense, we all have day jobs, and most of us
have night jobs as well, and families, etc so our time focus is on that,
not on reviewing stuff for other people)