[joomla] what modulle can do this...? (business directory)

Compustretch NewYork compustretch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:48:40 EST 2007

I think we've talked about this at a meeting but I didn't remember if
there was a definitive answer. I am looking for a module that can be
used to create a directory of local businesses in the neighborhood.
Something very similar to the stuff that is out there for users, in that
it would have the basic info about the business, address, email &
description, and maybe even something like UHP for the businesses to
have its own listing...?

Ideally they idea would be for users to be able to favourite a
business/listing, rate/review it etc (so in this way its more like a
content item than a user.) Is there something that hooks into CB that
could do this? Or a plugin that does it by itself...?

ps- do we have a meeting planned for December? Because Thursday the 13th
is the city wide IT holiday party which brings together PHP'ers, BSD'er
and Unix'ers downtown. (You have to rsvp email me if you want the link)
so it might be better to have the joomla meeting were on the 6th or 20th.

cheers,

Forest