[joomla] JoomlaDayEast and nagging session redirect question

Compustretch NewYork compustretch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 20:23:00 EDT 2007

Well JoomlaDayEast was pretty fun, and even informative too. Someone
took pictures at the end not sure what they were for.
Hopefully the 2 Joomla user groups websites will be posted shortly, yes...?

Funny thing is, no one there was able to figure out the one question I
had, involving Joomla php sessions and browser redirects. I have a
number of Joomla 1.0.12 sites up and running and they all work fine,
except for one of them. This one keeps generating browser errors. In
Firefox it says it detected an infinite redirect ("in a way that can
never be completed") while in Opera, it just says its been redirected
and you have to click the redirect link that Opera generates. When the
page does open it has the session ID appended to the URL like so:
http://myjoomalsite.com/?de17e6e8. Finally, if you are on any subpage in
the Jomla site, if you refresh the page it kicks you out to the main
index.php.

Frustrated I blew out the whole root directory and reinstalled Joomla
from scratch. Unfortunately it is still exhibiting all of the above
session weirdness. I did import the old database, so one might infer
that's where the problem is. But where? And moreover how to solve it?

I was kind of expecting the event billed as JoomlaDayEast to be a day
for developers, but they were few and far between on Saturday. Not that
it wasn't fun, but when you are trying to get the kinks out of something
like this, it was just a little frustrating to have so few people there
with any real php (or sql) experience.

If anyone on the list has some ideas on figuring this out, I would be
very appreciative.

cheers,

Forest M.

--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."