[joomla] Joomla NYC Updated

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Fri Oct 26 09:35:53 EDT 2007

First off, for those of you who tried to register with AOL addresses,
there is a problem with AOL and mail can't reach there so accounts can't
be activated.

If you send me an email with your preferred address, I will change your
email address from AOL to a non-AOL one so you can activate your account.

Secondly, I've added 2 new sections to the site.

Sponsors - lists the groups and publishers helping us out.  Of primary
interest is the publishers, Apress, O'Reilly, and Packt.  If ordering
directly through their sites, you can use member codes to get an
additional discount(I'll be adding those codes up as soon as I can).

Reviews - this section is half implemented.  Right now I have SOBI2
configured with the appropriate fields so members can add books to the
list of interested books.  I'll be configuring a review section so
members can review the books(I will also be noting which books are in
the NYC JUG library, those books I'll bring to the meeting and if anyone
wants to borrow them untill the next meeting, you can bring it back,
mail it back to me, or mail it on to the next interested party.  In
order to borrow a book you must:
1) Sign up for an account on the site
2) Show up at a meeting in person(:-))
3) You can borrow 1 book at a time(2 books as the library grows or there
is not enough interest for the first half dozen of books I bring)
4) You must post a review of the book to our website! Our access to
books for the library is dependent on posting reviews.  Note: it does
not have to be a good review, if you don't find a book usefull say so!

Feel free to add books to the list of books up there that may be of
interest to Joomla developers and review them if you have them.  I will
do my best to get copies of the books for the library.