[joomla] IE7 and Joomla intranet site

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Tue Oct 30 16:14:08 EDT 2007

Anthony Ferrara wrote:
> This would be simple (I agree, it is stupid, but)...
>
> Edit your template's index.php, before </head> add the
> following
> <?php echo "<!-- saved from
> url=(".strlen($mosConfig_live_site).")$mosConfig_live_site
> -->"; ?>?

No, what he wants is to give it a phony external domain name, so
Internet Explorer treats the document as if it came from the internet
instead of the intranet - in short, he wants to make them all treated
the same way to keep them in the same tabs.

As such,
<?php echo "<!-- saved from url=(023)http://www.contoso.com/ -->"; ?>

Will do the trick(assuming his company isn't contoso)

Whether or not this means IE7 will display the intranet sites in the
same browser window as the internet sites I'm not sure.