[joomla] Joomla on a standalone cd

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Fri Sep 14 10:08:44 EDT 2007

Anthony Ferrara wrote:
> Actually, it's not hard. Just change the table type
> for the session table to "Heap".  That's it.  Any
> changes will be stored in memory...

Joomla has a number of tables which get data stored in them based on the
component, if your doing anything more than just demonstrating the system.

So they have to be stored somewhere editable, and you need to a method
of preloading them with existing data.

Not that it would be hard to setup, I just don't know offhand what is
involved.

Of course, that begs the question of whether or not it is a good idea to
tie up a largish chunk of memory on tables.  I suppose it depends on
what the reason for doing a CD Version is.

But I do like the idea of having a USB version.  Especially as I got 3
1G USB drives when I only needed 2(I want to setup a couple of linux
installs for my wifes laptop and my home system so I can swap to linux
and get used to it before making the major install.  I was thinking of
using the 3rd one as a data drive to share between the 2 systems, no
reason I can't throw XAMP on it as well.)