[joomla] Joomla on a standalone cd

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:24:47 EDT 2007

Sorry Norm, I only had Linux LiveCDs, they were put together by Brian
Teeman at UKLinux. Oh, and one more thing - usually the linux-based
LiveCDs are based on the Knoppix distribution, which comes with a
boot-time option to load everything into RAM:

> knoppix toram

And that tells the kernel to initialize a RAM disk for the operating
system, file system, the whole shebang. Takes ages to load, but once
you're up, the machine absolutely screams.

At LinuxWorld in SFO (the last Mambo expo for me, the one we learned
we were picking up our toys and rebranding to Joomla) the LUG there
had us three machines with 2GB of RAM each, and everything was loaded
on RAM disk.

People were so impressed with how insanely fast our software was. *giggle*

-- Mitch