[joomla] Starting on an offical Joomla NYC website

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:07:13 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, bz-gmort at beezifies.com <bz-gmort at beezifies.com> wrote:
> Anthony Ferrara wrote:
> > I've regestered the domain name www.joomlanyc.org.
> > I'm planning on starting the site sometime in the
> > comming weeks (we can discuss on Thursday).  Right now
> > I have 2 projects that need to be finished first, but
> > I wanted to get ideas flowing so we can talk about it
> > on Thursday...
> >

> I wanna Calendar for the Joomla events. :-)
>
> Also can I migrate the stuff off my own site and over to there that
> pertain to just Joomla in NYC?
>
> I stuck it there out of sheer laziness, but I'd love to see it placed
> somewhere without a commercial interest(or at least a blatant one tied
> to me).

There's a part of my presentation on Thursday that discusses this
need, especially regarding Joomla User Groups (JUGs?) and the need to
share resources to make it as easy as possible to manage your own JUG.

Anywhoo, I'd like to keep it in the presentation and discuss then,
hopefully I can have an announcement or two as I'm still putting
things together...

So, um, is this called the Big Apple JUG?

-- Mitch, trying to keep a straight face