[joomla] October Joomla Meeting

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Fri Sep 28 12:28:50 EDT 2007

 From October onwards, out meeting date is now the second thursday of
the month.

Date:
October 11th
6PM to 8PM

Location:
Robert Half Technology
245 Park Avenue, 25th Fl.
46th - 47th St.
(near grand central)

We have room for 50 people.  People will need to RSVP in advance so we
have a list for security, and you will need some form of photo id onhand
for security.

We will be setting up a website and an RSVP form over the weekend, for
now you can simply email me your RSVP and I'll manually add you to the list.

Schedule:
Our last meeting was a long presentation about Joomla in general.  So
this time around, I'd like to aim to have a number of quick
presentations and we can alternate meetings going forward(big
presentations followed by short presentations, etc). We will aim for 4
small presentations, with the first 2 being geared for a more user
level, and the last 2 for developers.  Anyone who willing to do a short
15-20 minute presentation, please contact me.

Therefore, our schedule will be:
Session 1: 6:00-6:20 - Community Builder, what it is and what it is not
Session 2: 6:20-6:40

JUG/SIG Planning: 6:45-7:15.
To discuss: Community Website plans and needs
Community Projects

Session 3: 7:20-7:40
Session 4: 7:40-8:00

Presentations:
At the last meeting, I noticed some discussions on building a
"community" website, and the component that get's mentioned frequently
is Community Builder.  Community Builder, by itself, doesn't provide
much in the way of "community" features, but it is a strong basis for
such websites.  So I'd like to do a brief review of the features of CB
to begin with, along with thoughts on what it allows you to do as far as
community websites are concerned.