[joomla] Joomla.org's new forum

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:28:47 EDT 2008

On 3/4/08, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Joomla project switched from Simple Machine's SMF forum to phpBB.
> That is the biggest difference that you are all seeing, which is
> simply a disparity between features as implemented between the two
> different systems.

By way of follow up to our thread on the Joomla.org forum and the maddening
disfunctionality of its search function, I just noticed they have ripped out
their search engine and are using Google's site search. I didn't notice that
they did this when they switched over to phpBB, does anyone know when they
did that?

As a well-known and animated Warner Bros. character was known to remark
"well, if you can't beat 'em, join em!"

cheers,

forest mars
--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."

Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch
Support new domains & keep free media free! Register yours today!
https://secure.name-space.com/registry