[joomla] May Meeting + Mobile Messaging Joomla! Job

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Fri May 9 16:54:36 EDT 2008

Just wanted to give a shout out to Anthony for an excellent and informative
presentation on J1.5 at last night's JUG (even if he didn't have a working
LDAP server on his laptop, geeesh.)

He started a little late owing to Donna Marie's presentation running longer
than expected, mainly because she does such fantastic design work in Joomla
that everyone was excited to keep the discussion going!

Also I thought I posted this a while back but it didn't go through, a great
job opportunity to develop mobile messaging app's on the Joomla! framework:
(please respond to the address below, not to me.)

Job ID: STFSRCH00028937
Title: PHP/Linux Developer/Systems Integrator
Right to Hire: No Environment: Business Casual
Sponsorship Available: No
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Minimum Requirements: Requirements include:
• A strong knowledge of PHP with 2-4 years of experience
• An understanding OpenSource Applications; specifically Joomla
• Know how to set up and configure a variety of Linux distributions
• Be able to setup and configure Apache and Tomcat server components
• Have a basic understanding of JavaScript
• Be very detail oriented and be able to handle many assignments at the same
time
• Have a strong knowledge of HTML
• Be able to research functional capabilities
• Have an understanding of web graphics and design
• Fast learner
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, energetic, team-oriented
environment
Please be prepared to show examples of PHP work that you have done.

Joe Mulé
Starpoint Solutions
120 Wood Avenue South, 4th FL
Iselin, NJ 08830