[joomla] Joomla / administrator: Y Slow ?!

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Sun May 11 00:13:20 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmaxell at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Now, with that said, it's an admin panel... it's not
> supposed to get traffic... Why not optimize the front
> end (where a BIG difference can be made)?

A: I have a user doing heavy data-entry through the back end and screaming
it's too bloody slow.
Presently trying to realise the performance gains by tuning the server, but
the thing that surprised me was that the front end got a B in Y Slow but
back end got a D. That's why I tried a fresh install, bc I had tricked out
the backend too. And that's when I noticed that the out of the box back end
was getting a D on the same server I was getting a B on the front end.

(aside to Yahoo, what's with the silly elementary school grading system,
hahaha)

--FM

(ps to Donna, 12 was just the tarball I had handy and most all my sites are
on 12)

--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."

Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch
Support new domains & keep free media free! Register yours today!
https://secure.name-space.com/registry